For quick news updates on the go, it's now easier than ever to listen to The Dallas Morning News' audio offerings. A simple one or two-step process will allow you to get your morning news briefings on Alexa-enabled Amazon and Google Home devices as well as in podcast form via iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or any podcast app.
Here's what you need to know to get daily updates on the biggest stories affecting our North Texas community on all your devices:
To start, tell your Alexa, "Enable The Dallas Morning News skill."
Once you do that, ask Alexa to "Open The Dallas Morning News" and you'll hear the most recent briefings at any time.
Google Home and Google Assistant
No skill enabling required. To get our news updates, you can say:
- "Hey Google, talk to The Dallas Morning News"
- "Hey Google, read The Dallas Morning News"
Go to your favorite podcast app and search The Dallas Morning News. Select the podcast of the same name and hit the "Subscribe" button.
Alexa Flash Briefing
You can also set The Dallas Morning News to be your flash briefing. This is a little more involved and will require the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
First you need to enable Flash Briefing on your Alexa-enabled Amazon device:
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and click the menu on the top left.
2. Tap "Settings." It's at the bottom.
3. Scroll down until you see "Flash Briefing" under "Alexa Preferences."
4. Tap the plus sign next to "Add Content."
5. Tap the magnifying glass on the top right and search for "The Dallas Morning News."
6. Tap "The Dallas Morning News" and tap "Enable to Use."
7. Once you do that, go back to the Flash Briefing (Steps 1-3) and tap "Edit" on the top right. Drag The Dallas Morning News to the top.
Ask Alexa to read your Flash Briefing.
Here are some of the commands you can use:
- Alexa, read The Dallas Morning News.
- Alexa, what's my flash briefing?
- Alexa, what's the news?
To get our news updates, you can say:
"Play the podcast The Dallas Morning News"