Push notifications are alerts sent directly to your desktop whenever you're online. You don't necessarily have to be on The Dallas Morning News website to receive them.
Our desktop push notifications show up in the bottom right corner of the screen and alert you to breaking news stories along with our best content.
Follow these steps to sign up:
1. Go to dallasnews.com.
2. Upon arriving, you may be asked if you would like to allow notifications from The Dallas Morning News. If you click yes, you're all set.
3. If you do not receive the prompt, click the lock icon, next to the URL.
4. Click the drop down menu next to "Notifications" and change it to "Allow."
iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
In order to receive push notifications on your iOS devices you must download The Dallas Morning News app.
Once downloaded, you will be asked if you will allow push notifications the first time you log in to the app. Select "Yes."
If you've turned them off or don't get the prompt and would like to turn them on, you can do so in a few simple steps:
1. From your home screen, go to "Settings"
2. Tap "Notifications"
3. Tap "Dallas News"
4. Tap "Allow Notifications"
Go to dallasnews.com.
Upon arriving, you may be asked if you will allow notifications from The Dallas Morning News. If you click yes, you're all set.
If you are not prompted follow these steps:
1. Tap the lock icon next to the URL.
2. Tap "Site Settings"
3. Tap "Clear and reset"
Return to dallasnews.com. You should be asked if you would like to allow notifications.